First Night Raleigh rings in New Year
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh's New Year's Eve celebration included a Ferris wheel and the Jumbo Drop in downtown Raleigh at the annual First Night Raleigh celebration.
Families from all over the Triangle turned out to usher in 2013 in style.
There were vendors lining City Plaza and plenty to do for the whole family including rides, foods, fireworks, live music and more.
More than 80,000 people attended First Night festivities last year. More were expected this time around.
First Night has been held in downtown Raleigh since 1991.
wake county, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 21 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 9 min ago
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
- Doomed ferry's sharp turn, slow evacuation probed
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born near Philadelphia
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards