Two dead in Sampson County murder-suicide
TURKEY, N.C. (WTVD) -- An 18-year old girl is the victim of a Sampson County murder-suicide. Authorities said her father shot and killed her before taking his own life.
It happened at a home in the 3600-block of New Hope Church Road in Turkey on Monday.
Relatives told ABC11 that Carlos Vasquez shot his daughter, Itzel, in the home and then killed himself.
"Yeah, that's really tough. It hurts, you know? It's sad," said John Vasquez, who is Carlos Vasquez's nephew.
The nephew said a decision by Vasquez's estranged wife, traveling from Texas, could have set Carlos off on Sunday.
"He was all happy she was coming, and she went back to Texas and that made him sad," said John. "I guess that made him kill his daughter and himself."
Sampson County investigators won't say much about what they're calling a death investigation. However, while they wait for autopsy results, the victims' relatives have this request:
"Pray for us. Yeah, just pray for us. That'd help us a lot," said John.
sampson county, local/state, anthony wilson
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help