Charges filed in double fatal crash
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A 17 year old is facing charges in connection with a weekend accident that killed two teenagers and injured two others.
The State Highway Patrol said Monday that 17-year-old Collin Lunsford was racing 16-year-old Daniel Chase Underhill on Saturday night when Underhill lost control and crashed into a tree off Little River Church Road in Hillsborough.
Underhill and his passenger, 16-year-old Kacie Chamberlain, died. Two other passengers, McCray Williams and Sam Whaley, were taken to Duke Hospital with serious injuries.
Lunsford faces one count of pre-arranged speed competition, one count of reckless driving, and two counts of misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. All four charges are misdemeanors.
orange county, accident, local/state
- Burglars nab Raleigh gun store again 57 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Cumberland County church seeks new home
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy 11 min ago
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13 35 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Missing boater rescued on Cape Fear River 17 min ago
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway