Charges filed in double fatal crash
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A 17 year old is facing charges in connection with a weekend accident that killed two teenagers and injured two others.
The State Highway Patrol said Monday that 17-year-old Collin Lunsford was racing 16-year-old Daniel Chase Underhill on Saturday night when Underhill lost control and crashed into a tree off Little River Church Road in Hillsborough.
Underhill and his passenger, 16-year-old Kacie Chamberlain, died. Two other passengers, McCray Williams and Sam Whaley, were taken to Duke Hospital with serious injuries.
Lunsford faces one count of pre-arranged speed competition, one count of reckless driving, and two counts of misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. All four charges are misdemeanors.
orange county, accident, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son