Couple held at gunpoint in home invasion
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Raleigh couple woke up in the middle of the night with a gun held under their chins.
Someone broke into Nickey Lovick's home on Sherry Drive near Capital Boulevard early Sunday morning.
"One of them had a pistol stuck under my chin and the first thing he said was open the safe," Lovick said.
Lovick said there were two robbers, each carrying a gun, handcuffs, and a taser.
He said they tased him as he was going for the safe. When he couldn't get it open, they tased his wife, Pat. Pat had fallen asleep while watching television in a different room.
"The one guy grabbed my shoulder and puts the gun to the back of my head," Pat Lovick said.
Pat opened the safe, but inside there were only government bonds and papers.
The robbers rifled through the home and took off after handcuffing the couple to each other and then to their bed frame.
The Lovicks said the robbers wore ski masks and hoods the entire time, and they were never able to get a good look at them.
"The last thing he said when he walked out was, you should have had a dog," Nickey Lovick said.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
wake county, robbery, local/state, jon camp
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help