Duke student asks for help Gangnam Style
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Duke student having trouble getting the money he needs to finish his education is getting creative.
Milton Gilder graduated from Duke in 2009. Three years later, he returned to the school for a 12-month program that leads to licensing as a teacher in North Carolina.
Gilder has now taken to YouTube to get attention and to help pay off his loans.
"It was a lot of fun, and I'm asking people for money so I might as well do something fun, entertaining and enjoyable," Gilder said.
The video, which features Gilder dancing to Psy's hit song 'Gangnam Style,' details the student's attempts to get loans or jobs that fit with his class schedule. He is seen working with younger students and talking about his dream to teach them formally, with credentials.
Gilder is scheduled to teach personal finance at Jordan High in Durham this semester, but says he will need about $6,000 by Jan. 15 in order to do so.
"I need to pay Duke, so I can enroll in courses," Gilder said.
He also has to pay off $13,000 in loans from his undergraduate days at Duke.
So far, the video has brought in $900.
durham county, duke, local/state, anthony wilson
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on 55 min ago
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 47 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 19 min ago
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Cub Scouts help out on the anchor desk
27 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help