Dad dresses as Spider-Man to surprise son
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Men and women in uniform have come up with some pretty creative ways to surprise their loved ones when returning home from deployment.
A Fayetteville family came up with a unique idea that touched many hearts.
Three-year-old Noah Reynolds was thrilled to see Spider-Man jump into his back yard. However, when the masked crusader pulled off the mask, Noah was stunned to see his father, Sgt. Jason Reynolds.
"He surprised me," said Noah. "Daddy, you surprised me."
Reynolds came home from Afghanistan on emergency leave for the birth of his daughter on Dec. 27.
"I wanted to do something a little bit more special for him because of the newborn in the house," said Reynolds. "I want to make sure he still understands he's just as important as she is."
"It was very exciting," said Krystal Reynolds. "His whole body dropped and he was so excited to see his dad."
Now, his dad is more of a hero to him than ever.
"I'm pretty sure he actually believes I dress up as Spider-Man to go fight the bad guys now," said Reynolds.
Reynolds did not make it home in time so see his daughter come into the world. However, he is happy to be home with the family for another week. After that, he's on his way back to Afghanistan.
cumberland county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help