Franklin St. shooting suspect in custody
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say a man allegedly involved in a Franklin Street shooting on Jan. 1 turned himself in Friday.
Christopher Lane Thompson, 21, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and discharging a firearm within the town limits.
Police said Thompson turned himself in around 3 p.m. He's being held on a $150,000 bond.
Investigators said two other men are wanted for questioning in the shooting outside the Time Out Restaurant around 3:30 a.m. New Year's Day.
They want to speak with Jaylen McNair and Tracy Rashaud Floyd.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the men to call the Chapel Hill Police Department at (919) 968-2760 or Crime Stoppers at (919) 942-7515.
orange county, shooting, local/state
- Crews work to restore power, clean up damage 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help