Stormwater grates stolen in Cary
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Thieves are targeting stormwater grates in Cary.
Since New Year's Eve, 10 grates have been removed from the curbs of public parking lots.
A total of 30 have been stolen since July.
The grates weigh hundreds of pounds each.
"Thankfully, we've had no reports of injuries or property damage, but missing stormwater grates pose a threat to pedestrians, cyclists and drivers alike," said Lt. Steve Fonke of Cary's Criminal Investigations Unit. "We encourage citizens to be on the lookout for suspicious activity and to call (919) 469-4012 to report a missing grate."
There are no suspects at this time.
wake county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide