Two dead in early morning shooting
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Wake County Sheriff's department is putting together the details from an overnight shooting that left two people dead.
Officials said deputies were called to the 700-block of Colonial Drive - near Garner - for a report of shots fired around 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived, two people were outside arguing. Further investigation led deputies into the home where they said a man and a woman were found dead.
Officials identified the deceased as Jose Samuel Flores Mendoza and Maria Saravia Mendoza, both 34. The two have two children together, ages 3 and 12.
According to the Sheriff's Office, the 3 year old was at the home at the time of the shooting, but was not injured. Both children are in the care of family members.
The Sheriff's Office said no arrests had been made, but they are investigating the deaths as a double homicide.
The couple worked at the Golden Corral on Grenelle Street in Raleigh. The manager told ABC11 that they are working to set up a fund to help support the children.
Anyone with information is asked to call officials.
shooting, wake county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches