Two dead in early morning shooting
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Wake County Sheriff's department is putting together the details from an overnight shooting that left two people dead.
Officials said deputies were called to the 700-block of Colonial Drive - near Garner - for a report of shots fired around 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived, two people were outside arguing. Further investigation led deputies into the home where they said a man and a woman were found dead.
Officials identified the deceased as Jose Samuel Flores Mendoza and Maria Saravia Mendoza, both 34. The two have two children together, ages 3 and 12.
According to the Sheriff's Office, the 3 year old was at the home at the time of the shooting, but was not injured. Both children are in the care of family members.
The Sheriff's Office said no arrests had been made, but they are investigating the deaths as a double homicide.
The couple worked at the Golden Corral on Grenelle Street in Raleigh. The manager told ABC11 that they are working to set up a fund to help support the children.
Anyone with information is asked to call officials.
shooting, wake county, local/state
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder 50 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- Online promotion idea turns sour for cupcake shop owner
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Gas leak prompts evacuations, closes highway
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- Cumberland County deputy involved in crash
- Jury selection begins in newlywed killing case
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help