Two dead in early morning shooting
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Wake County Sheriff's department is putting together the details from an overnight shooting that left two people dead.
Officials said deputies were called to the 700-block of Colonial Drive - near Garner - for a report of shots fired around 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived, two people were outside arguing. Further investigation led deputies into the home where they said a man and a woman were found dead.
Officials identified the deceased as Jose Samuel Flores Mendoza and Maria Saravia Mendoza, both 34. The two have two children together, ages 3 and 12.
According to the Sheriff's Office, the 3 year old was at the home at the time of the shooting, but was not injured. Both children are in the care of family members.
The Sheriff's Office said no arrests had been made, but they are investigating the deaths as a double homicide.
The couple worked at the Golden Corral on Grenelle Street in Raleigh. The manager told ABC11 that they are working to set up a fund to help support the children.
Anyone with information is asked to call officials.
shooting, wake county, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire 9 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 53 min ago
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 42 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
- NC Central tops Norfolk St 68-45
- Drive-thru prayer delivers God to go 29 min ago