Pedestrian fatality shuts down interstate
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Several lanes of Interstate 440 in Raleigh were closed Monday night after a pedestrian was struck by oncoming traffic.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. in the westbound lanes of I-440 between Poole Road and New Bern Avenue.
Authorities said 26-year-old April Lichelle Alston of Raleigh was reportedly lying in the roadway when she was hit. It was unclear why she on the interstate.
Further details surrounding the incident have not been released.
All lanes of I-440 were shutdown briefly as authorities investigated the accident. Eastbound lanes were quickly reopened, while westbound traffic was back to normal a few hours later.
wake county, i440, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help