Man charged in fatal New Year shooting
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville have charged a man in connection with the death of a 19 year old on New Year's Day.
Around 2:15 a.m. on Jan. 1, William Earl Barnes III arrived at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center after being injured in a shooting. He later died from his injuries.
Detectives said Barnes had been shot earlier that night while at a house party in the 6800 block of Woodmark Drive in the Cliffdale West Subdivision.
On Monday, detectives issued an arrest warrant for 20-year-old Dion Laquan Johnson for his involvement in the incident. On Tuesday, Johnson turned himself into authorities.
He is currently facing second-degree murder charges. Johnson is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $250,000 secured bond.
Further details in the case have not been released.
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station 19 min ago
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help