Wake School Board hires search firm for superintendent
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County School Board chose Tuesday to hire a firm to help find a new superintendent.
In a 7 to 1 vote, the board picked the firm of McPherson and Jacobson at a cost of $45,000.
The board had been split in half between that firm and the North Carolina School Board Association, which would have charged $25,000.
The board is replacing Tony Tata, who was fired in September.
Last week, Gov. Pat McCrory picked Tata to lead the Department of Transportation.
wake county schools, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help