Police standoff ends in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A standoff in Fayetteville ended after several hours Wednesday morning.
Just after midnight, officers were called to 5948 Dalton Dr. about a domestic situation.
When they arrived, a woman fled from the home and a man then barricaded himself inside.
Members of the Emergency Response Team and negotiators were called to the scene to try to coax the man into surrendering.
Around 5:15 a.m., authorities said the man came out of the house peacefully.
The unidentified man was then taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
cumberland county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop 44 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 50 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche