UNC student shot by mother, brother killed
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Greensboro police say a woman shot and killed her son and injured her daughter and boyfriend before killing herself.
Police say statements from the survivors indicate that 47-year-old Sandra Lyn Palmer shot and killed 14-year-old Maurice Edmonds II and wounded her daughter and boyfriend before shooting and killing herself Monday.
Palmer's daughter, 18-year-old Danielle Jameison, and Palmer's boyfriend and Edmonds' father, 46-year-old Maurice Eugene Edmonds, were wounded. Police chief Ken Miller said Edmonds and Jameison had improved to stable condition and their stories confirmed the forensic evidence.
Police say the family was involved in a dispute early Monday, though investigators did not say what sparked the dispute. Police say Palmer left the room and returned with a gun.
Autopsies results were not immediately available.
Jameison is a sophomore at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos