UNC student shot by mother, brother killed
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Greensboro police say a woman shot and killed her son and injured her daughter and boyfriend before killing herself.
Police say statements from the survivors indicate that 47-year-old Sandra Lyn Palmer shot and killed 14-year-old Maurice Edmonds II and wounded her daughter and boyfriend before shooting and killing herself Monday.
Palmer's daughter, 18-year-old Danielle Jameison, and Palmer's boyfriend and Edmonds' father, 46-year-old Maurice Eugene Edmonds, were wounded. Police chief Ken Miller said Edmonds and Jameison had improved to stable condition and their stories confirmed the forensic evidence.
Police say the family was involved in a dispute early Monday, though investigators did not say what sparked the dispute. Police say Palmer left the room and returned with a gun.
Autopsies results were not immediately available.
Jameison is a sophomore at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 42 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 16 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 36 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help