Police get new leads in murder of UNC student
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Investigators said Thursday that their release of information in the murder in UNC student Faith Hedgepeth Tuesday has led to new tips in the case.
They declined to say what new information they had received. A 911 call that came in reporting the killing also remained sealed by court order.
The 19-year-old sophomore was found dead in her off-campus apartment September 7 by her roommate. On Tuesday, investigators said the pair had returned from a Chapel Hill nightclub very early that morning.
They also said they found DNA evidence left by a male suspect in the apartment and have worked with the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit to develop a profile of that person.
Police said they're still looking for any new information they can learn about the case. Call the Chapel Hill Police Department tip line at (919) 614-6363 or Crimestoppers at (919) 942-7515. Calls to Crimestoppers are confidential. Tips and information can also be emailed to investigators at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Reward money in the case has steadily built in the months since Hedgepeth's death. The total available for information leading to an arrest and conviction is now $39,000.
orange county, warren county, homicide, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 46 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA 43 min ago
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Video: Local family is truly home for the holiday 15 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
34 min ago
- Local family is truly home for the holiday
15 min ago
- Consumer Alert: Online dating scams
22 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help