Man charged in home invasion, sex assault
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Johnston County Sheriff's Office has charged a Smithfield man with invading a home on Camelia Drive near Selma Wednesday.
Christopher James Derusha, 34, of Yellow Stone Lane, allegedly assaulted a woman in the home and took her purse.
He was charged with first-degree burglary, larceny, and assault on a female.
Deputies said Derusha had been under investigation since December 8 for allegedly inappropriately touching a 10 year-old girl.
He was charged with one count of taking indecent liberties with a child in that case.
Derusha was booked into the Johnston County Jail under a $75,500 bond.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
johnston county, sex offense, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 54 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 36 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation