Soggy Friday to give way to Spring-like weekend
Don't let the rainy day blues get you down; Friday's chilly, soggy weather will give way to Spring-like temperatures this weekend.
Clouds along with spotty light rain and drizzle will pop up throughout the day, which will keep temperatures from rising past the 50s.
ABC11 Meteorologist Don Schwenneker says the clouds will linger overnight and some fog will move in, lasting into Saturday morning.
However, the return of sunshine will allow temperatures to jump up near record levels in the 70s.
"The unusually warm weather with chance for record high temperatures will continue Sunday with any fog followed by sunshine," Schwenneker said. "The good news (unless you want snow) is that it will continue again Monday with high temperatures near 70 and some sunshine."
A slowly advancing cold front will bring more clouds Monday night, Tuesday and Wednesday. There will likely be some rain and much cooler air coming in again with and behind the front.
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 34 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen