Woman struck by car in Newark, Delaware identified
NEWARK, Del. - January 13, 2013 -- Delaware State Police have released the names of the people involved in a pedestrian accident in Newark.
Police say Catherine Engle, 77, of Newark was struck and critically injured Sunday as she tried to cross the eastbound lanes of Route 4 from the center median.
Steven Perkins, 23, of Bear was driving a 1998 Ford Mustang when he struck Engle at about 12:30 p.m.
Police say he did stop after the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware, new castle county, newark, accident, local/state
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Tar Heels beat Hurricanes 10-0 in ACC tournament
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease