Family members identify pilot in OBX crash
MANTEO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Family members have identified the pilot killed in a plane crash near the Outer Banks.
Greg Carlisle's brother-in-law told a Virginia television station that Carlisle was flying from his home in Raleigh to Manteo when his twin-engine plane went down near Manteo Sunday in the fog.
A female passenger was thrown from the plane into 60 degree water. She survived with little injury.
Carlisle was trying to land at the Dare County Regional Airport near Manteo.
Authorities say the wreckage of the plane has been found. The Coast Guard is attempting to retrieve Carlisle's body from the wreckage.
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 1 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 20 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 40 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help