1 dead in small plane crash in Delaware
LITTLE CREEK, Del. - January 13, 2013 -- One person was found dead after police located a plane that vanished off radar in Little Creek, Delaware.
The single engine fixed wing plane vanished off the radar around 7:10 Sunday evening near Bayside Drive and North Little Creek Road.
An emergency call was placed in to the control tower over Dover Air Force Base.
Troopers, wildlife officials and firefighters from surrounding areas were called in for assistance when the discovery was made.
It's not clear if anyone else was onboard.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com as this story develops.
delaware, plane crash, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help