Fire rips through North Philadelphia house; woman injured
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 14, 2013 -- Smoke and flames damaged a house in North Philadelphia early Monday
Firefighters were called to the 900 block of West Cambria Street shortly after midnight. They found heavy fire coming from the second floor.
It took them about a half hour to get the upper hand.
Police say the 2-story house was abandoned and may have been used by squatters.
One woman - a neighbor who became short of breath - was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.
Action News is told that PECO is investigating reports of an illegal electrical hookup.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, north philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 24 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 38 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 2 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
24 min ago
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following...
20 min ago
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
37 min ago