NC State gates popular Dan Allen Drive
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- NC State will try to fix the Dan Allen Drive "gauntlet" starting Monday with a new gate on the busy campus road that blocks it to all vehicle traffic besides campus buses.
The university said the popular road has been a logistical and safety nightmare for decades. Every day, nearly 20 thousand vehicles, dozens of campus buses, and hundreds of pedestrians all compete. To make things better, vehicles will be taken out of the equation between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. every weekday.
Officials said Friendly Drive has been extended to connect from Hillsborough Street to Yarbrough Drive for drivers trying to get to the Dan Allen Parking Deck when the new gate is closed. New deck entrances can be accessed from the Valentine Commons side.
Drivers traveling northbound (toward Hillsborough Street) can access deck by Pullen Road or Gorman Street to Hillsborough Street.
wake county, nc state, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home 15 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 1 min ago
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2 4 min ago
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake