Man shot, killed in Sampson County
CLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Sampson County are investigating a fatal shooting in Clinton that happened Tuesday evening.
Twenty-nine-year-old James Ray Carr was found shot around 7:39 p.m. in the yard of a home at 17 Sylvia Lane.
When paramedics arrived on the scene, they found family members performing CPR, but they were unable to save Carr, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators from the Sampson County Sheriff's Office and the State Bureau of Investigation said Carr was in front of his home when an unknown suspect pulled up in a small passenger vehicle.
The suspect got out of his vehicle and approached the victim and started firing at him with an unknown type of gun.
No motive has been determined for the murder.
The suspect is described as a large framed black male dressed in dark clothing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Sampson County Sheriff's Department.
sampson county, homicide, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests 24 min ago
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 46 min ago
- State prison guard attacked by inmate 50 min ago
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments 14 min ago
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- Sandwich shop closed for employee 'attitude adjustment'
- Authorities searching for bank robbery suspect
- Family of 7 displaced in Carrboro fire
- Fire damages Fayetteville apartment building
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
14 min ago
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday...
24 min ago
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
54 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help