Suspect killed after firing at deputies
HALIFAX COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating how deputies trying to serve a warrant Friday morning found themselves in a deadly situation.
Around 8 a.m., Halifax County officials were serving a search warrant in connection with drug activity at a home on Straight Road near Highway 48 in Roanoke Rapids when a subject fired at deputies, according to the Halifax County Sheriff's Office.
The deputies returned fire, killing the suspect. No one else was hurt.
Authorities have not identified the suspect at this time. Further details have not been released.
halifax county, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck 38 min ago
- Family gets new home for holidays 49 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Family gets new home for holidays
49 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help