Road rage victim describes shooting scare
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh woman who was the target of gunfire during an alleged incident of road rage is talking about the experience.
Shnarra Ganus told ABC11 that the whole incident was because of an ex-boyfriend, who she said she hasn't spoken to in years. She also said the shooter contacted her out of the blue and endangered her life.
It happened Tuesday afternoon as Ganus was headed to pick up her 4 year old at daycare when a scene out of the Wild West unfolded right behind her.
Not knowing what to do when someone started firing a .40 caliber handgun at her car, Ganus picked up the phone and dialed 911.
"Um, I've got this car following me, shooting at me. She's shooting at me. She's driving a white Mercedes Benz. Her name is Kristal," said Ganus to dispatchers. "The (expletive) pulled out, and started shooting and we ducked and I ran the light. I ran the light."
The shooter was allegedly a woman who Ganus had been having an unpleasant exchange with, but Ganus said she never imagined this scenario.
"It's unbelievable, unbelievable," said Ganus. "We see her hand come out with the gun and my sister was like 'She's going to shoot' and I turned around and looked in the rear view mirror and all we hear is 'Pow!'"
Ganus said an ex-boyfriend that she hasn't seen in two years is at the center of the shooting. The mother of three had words with a woman on Facebook but she didn't think it would amount to more than that until Tuesday.
Raleigh police arrested Kristal Hill. She remains behind bars under a $151,000 bond. She's facing charges from assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill to shooting a gun out of a moving car.
Hill will hear from her alleged victim next week at a hearing over a restraining order filed by Ganus.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State 7 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest 34 min ago
- Father sought after baby found with burns 27 min ago
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches 46 min ago
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season