Call for action against CPS school closings
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Parents, students and teachers are uniting in a call for action to save dozens of neighborhood schools from closing.
Nearly 200 schools are on the Chicago Public School list to possibly be closed.
Volunteers gathered at seven schools around the city to create a strategy showing their commitment to keeping them open.
High schools, Level 1 elementary schools and some other schools that are still growing are expected to be safe.
CPS says it will release its official list of schools that need defending next month.
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help