Call for action against CPS school closings
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Parents, students and teachers are uniting in a call for action to save dozens of neighborhood schools from closing.
Nearly 200 schools are on the Chicago Public School list to possibly be closed.
Volunteers gathered at seven schools around the city to create a strategy showing their commitment to keeping them open.
High schools, Level 1 elementary schools and some other schools that are still growing are expected to be safe.
CPS says it will release its official list of schools that need defending next month.
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties 49 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU fans gather for March Madness watch party 42 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament 34 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 4 min ago
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan 7 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Sleet falls in northern counties
49 min ago
- Government drops sex assault charges...
38 min ago
- NCCU headed for the NCCA tournament
38 min ago