Mass marks Roe v. Wade anniversary
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Holy Name Cathedral marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade with a mass for life Saturday night.
Participants mourned the lives lost as well as the families affected by abortion since it was legalized in 1973.
At the beginning of the service, 25 people each carried a red rose to the shrine with each rose symbolizing a thousand lives lost to abortion.
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter 54 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes 48 min ago
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately 42 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son 27 min ago
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
59 min ago