Mass marks Roe v. Wade anniversary
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Holy Name Cathedral marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade with a mass for life Saturday night.
Participants mourned the lives lost as well as the families affected by abortion since it was legalized in 1973.
At the beginning of the service, 25 people each carried a red rose to the shrine with each rose symbolizing a thousand lives lost to abortion.
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 16 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 10 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors 58 min ago
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help