Police: Crash not connected to armed robbery
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police said a car crash police originally thought to be tied to an armed robbery in Durham wasn't connected to the crime.
Police spotted a car that matched the description of a car the robbers were driving as it was speeding down West Main Street Sunday night.
When officers tried to stop the car, the driver fled.
A short time later, police found the car crashed near Perry Street.
The driver of the car, 25-year-old Brandon Hill, was charged with speeding, reckless driving and driving without a license.
durham county, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75