Lupe Fiasco thrown out of inauguration party for Obama rant
January 21, 2013 (WASHINGTON) -- A rapper from Chicago went on a half-hour tirade against President Barack Obama at a Washington, D.C., inauguration party Sunday.
Lupe Fiasco was asked to leave the stage 30 minutes into the rant.
"These same people supposedly telling us the truth/Limbaugh is a racist/Glebb Beck is a racist/Gaza Strip was getting bombed/Obama didn't say s---," Fiasco rapped. "that's why I ain't vote for him, next one either/I'm part of the problem/My problem is I'm peaceful."
Several published reports say Fiasco was asked to play a different song, but when he refused, he was escorted offstage and off the premises.
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot 18 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County 30 min ago
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away 21 min ago
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 2 min ago
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos