Barrington teachers may strike if deal isn't reached
January 25, 2013 (BARRINGTON, Ill.) -- Some northwest suburban teachers are one step closer to walking the picket line.
The Daily Herald reports that Barrington area teachers have reached an impasse with the District 220 Board of Education.
If a deal isn't reached in seven days, the two sides will submit their best and final offers to the Illinois Education Labor Relations Board.
If an agreement still is not reached, the earliest teachers could strike is February 20th.
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath 56 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Video: McCrory weighs in on state budget, protests
- Search and rescue efforts continue in...
9 min ago
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
6 min ago
- Local man recalls living in Moore, Okla.
7 min ago