911 call: 'Baby's here, I gotta go!'
January 25, 2013 (CICERO, Ill.) -- The 911 call made by the Chicago man who delivered his own child after he became stuck in traffic has been released.
Hector Morales and his fiancee Kathryn Engel were on their way to west suburban hospital Wednesday morning.
But they were stopped as police investigated a deadly crash. The baby wouldn't wait, so Morales called 911.
"My fiancee is giving birth right now," Morales tells the 911 operator. "I'm heading to the hospital now but I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm at the corner of Roosevelt and 49th. Baby's here, I gotta go!"
Morales and Engel are the proud parents of a little boy named Aidan and everyone was okay.
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 41 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers 4 min ago
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help