911 call: 'Baby's here, I gotta go!'
January 25, 2013 (CICERO, Ill.) -- The 911 call made by the Chicago man who delivered his own child after he became stuck in traffic has been released.
Hector Morales and his fiancee Kathryn Engel were on their way to west suburban hospital Wednesday morning.
But they were stopped as police investigated a deadly crash. The baby wouldn't wait, so Morales called 911.
"My fiancee is giving birth right now," Morales tells the 911 operator. "I'm heading to the hospital now but I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm at the corner of Roosevelt and 49th. Baby's here, I gotta go!"
Morales and Engel are the proud parents of a little boy named Aidan and everyone was okay.
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats 24 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 49 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 39 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 34 min ago
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Controversial Easter ad features Jesus...
5 min ago