Metra train hits car in Des Plaines, causes delays
January 25, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- A Metra train struck an unoccupied car in suburban Des Plaines at River Road and Northwest Highway Friday evening.
Des Plaines police said the car broke down on the tracks and everyone inside got out before the train hit it. No one was injured.
Trains traveling to Harvard, Crystal Lake and Chicago will be delayed through that area because of the accident.
"Trains may be operating up to 25-45 minutes behind schedule. The following trains will be operating behind schedule: #641 to arrive Harvard at 6:46pm; #643 to arrive McHenry at 6:50pm; #645 to arrive Barrington at 6:36pm and #647 to arrive Harvard at 7:19pm," Metra wrote in a service advisory.
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on 37 min ago
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help