Metra train hits car in Des Plaines, causes delays
January 25, 2013 (DES PLAINES, Ill.) -- A Metra train struck an unoccupied car in suburban Des Plaines at River Road and Northwest Highway Friday evening.
Des Plaines police said the car broke down on the tracks and everyone inside got out before the train hit it. No one was injured.
Trains traveling to Harvard, Crystal Lake and Chicago will be delayed through that area because of the accident.
"Trains may be operating up to 25-45 minutes behind schedule. The following trains will be operating behind schedule: #641 to arrive Harvard at 6:46pm; #643 to arrive McHenry at 6:50pm; #645 to arrive Barrington at 6:36pm and #647 to arrive Harvard at 7:19pm," Metra wrote in a service advisory.
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- High School coach arrested on sex charge 20 min ago
- Two cleared, others charged in murder 43 min ago
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Oklahoma death toll revised to 24 dead
15 min ago
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
18 min ago
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
20 min ago