Causes of 2 Germantown fires under investigation
GERMANTOWN - January 27, 2013 -- Firefighters battled two blazes overnight in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
At around 12:15 a.m., firefighters were called a home on the 5100 McMahon Street.
The fire was burning in a second floor bedroom.
Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control in about 10 minutes.
A 45-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene, but refused to be taken to the hospital.
The cause of this fire is under investigation.
Then at approximately 1:45 a.m., firefighters responded to another blaze on the 100 block of Ashmead Street, just blocks away.
The fire was contained to the front porch of the home, with some smoke damage to the inside.
Officials have labeled this fire as suspicious.
philadelphia, germantown, fire, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help