Fire affects 2 Camden businesses
CAMDEN - January 23, 2013 -- Camden firefighters battled a fire late Saturday night that damaged a basement used for storage of two businesses.
Crews were called shortly before midnight to the corner of 8th and Spruce streets where smoke was pouring from the basement of a liquor store.
Crews quickly went to work battling the fire and were able to bring it under control within 30 minutes.
Fire officials tell Action News that the fire started in the basement of a building that was occupied by two separate businesses.
Neither business was open at the time of the fire.
The fire remains under investigation by the Camden Fire Marshal's office
new jersey, camden, fire, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 21 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 17 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 9 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 21 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter