Fayetteville police investigate two shootings
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Police are investigating an overnight murder and another separate shooting in Fayetteville.
Police were called to the area for shots fired around 2:20 a.m. near the intersection of Rowan street and Murchison Road.
Police said when they arrived on scene, they found 32-year-old Adrian McClain dead inside a vehicle.
McClain's last last known address was in the 1000 block of Madonna Drive, according to police.
Three hours later, police responded to a shooting on Deep Creek Road and found a female victim inside a car with a gunshot wound.
Police said 23-year-old Dequanda White was shot in the upper leg as she was leaving the house where the shooting took place. She was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police do not believe the shootings are related and are asking anyone with information to call (910) 433-1856.
shooting, cumberland county, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal 47 min ago
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 41 min ago
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help