Officer injured in East Mt. Airy crash
EAST MT. AIRY - Janaury 27, 2013 -- A police officer was hospitalized after his vehicle collided with another car in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia Sunday morning.
The accident occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. at the intersection of Musgrave Street and Washington Lane.
Police say a 14th District officer was traveling southbound on Musgrave Street and proceeded through the intersection on the green light when a female, driving a black Honda Civic, ran her red light.
This caused the officer to hit the driver side of the Honda.
The police officer injured his right knee during the crash.
He was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center by medics.
He is expected to be treated and released.
The female driver was also transported to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.
Police say no charges have been filed.
philadelphia, east mount airy, police, accident, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 22 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 23 min ago
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System 16 min ago
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- NCDOT: Bonner Bridge could reopen next week
- Appeal heard in Jason Young case
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the...
5 min ago
- Wakemed creates kid-friendly ER program
30 min ago
abc11.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help