Police identify teen shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON - January 27, 2013 -- Police have identified the teenager shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware Saturday night.
Police say 16-year-old Ahkee Flonnory of the 300 block of West 22nd Street was shot at 6:23 p.m. Saturday.
It happened in the unit block of East 24th Street.
Investigators say someone walked up to Flonnory and shot him in the head. Police have not indicated a motive for the shooting.
A woman in her 20's was also shot. She survived.
Flonnory is Wilmington's first homicide victim of 2013.
In a statement released Monday, Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams said, "I want to first convey my condolences on behalf of the City to the families of the victims of this senseless crime of violence. I want to assure the community that a thorough investigation is now underway and the Wilmington Police Department will work tirelessly to find the individual or individuals who were involved."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or submit information online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide