Police identify teen shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON - January 27, 2013 -- Police have identified the teenager shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware Saturday night.
Police say 16-year-old Ahkee Flonnory of the 300 block of West 22nd Street was shot at 6:23 p.m. Saturday.
It happened in the unit block of East 24th Street.
Investigators say someone walked up to Flonnory and shot him in the head. Police have not indicated a motive for the shooting.
A woman in her 20's was also shot. She survived.
Flonnory is Wilmington's first homicide victim of 2013.
In a statement released Monday, Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams said, "I want to first convey my condolences on behalf of the City to the families of the victims of this senseless crime of violence. I want to assure the community that a thorough investigation is now underway and the Wilmington Police Department will work tirelessly to find the individual or individuals who were involved."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or submit information online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank