Police identify teen shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON - January 27, 2013 -- Police have identified the teenager shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware Saturday night.
Police say 16-year-old Ahkee Flonnory of the 300 block of West 22nd Street was shot at 6:23 p.m. Saturday.
It happened in the unit block of East 24th Street.
Investigators say someone walked up to Flonnory and shot him in the head. Police have not indicated a motive for the shooting.
A woman in her 20's was also shot. She survived.
Flonnory is Wilmington's first homicide victim of 2013.
In a statement released Monday, Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams said, "I want to first convey my condolences on behalf of the City to the families of the victims of this senseless crime of violence. I want to assure the community that a thorough investigation is now underway and the Wilmington Police Department will work tirelessly to find the individual or individuals who were involved."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or submit information online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter