2 officers hurt in West Philadelphia crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2013 -- Two police officers were injured during an accident in West Philadelphia.
The accident took place around 11:29 a.m. at 49th and Chestnut streets.
Officers were traveling eastbound on Chestnut and a civilian vehicle was traveling south on 49th Street when the accident occurred.
As both vehicles approached the intersection, the police car, trying to swerve to avoid a collision, struck the other vehicle and then hit a utility pole.
Both officers sustained lacerations to the face and have neck pain.
They were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
The female driver of the civilian vehicle was transported by medics to Penn for evaluation.
No charges have been field.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 9 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help