Man charged with DWI in death of 5 year old
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A child was killed and his father injured when a truck hit them while they were walking on the street in Henderson Sunday afternoon.
Police said 5-year-old Jayden Chad Stokes and his father, 22-year-old Richard Stokes, were walking along the 600 block of East Montgomery Street around 1:15 p.m
Investigators determined 47-year-old Vincent Gregory was driving a 1998 GMC truck when he lost control, hit a telephone pole, collided with the father and son, and then came to rest in a tree.
All three people were transported to a hospital, where the child was later pronounced dead.
Gregory is charged with felony death by motor vehicle, driving while impaired, and driving with a revoked license.
vance county, accident, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos