Two charged in connection with Raleigh hit-and-run
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Two suspects have now been charged in connection with a hit-and-run early Monday in Raleigh.
It happened around 1:15 a.m. when 50-year-old Ray Anthony Hemingway was hit while walking near North Raleigh Boulevard and Milburnie Road.
Hemingway was taken to WakeMed with serious injuries.
Police said 22-year-old Yvonne McDade has been charged with felony hit and run, driving while license revoked, and resisting, delaying or obstructing a law enforcement officer.
In addition, 49-year-old Delores Ann Watts was charged with permitting an unlicensed driver to operate her vehicle. Watts owns the 2011 Chevrolet Impala which police said McDade was driving when she struck Hemingway.
Both women apparently turned themselves in to police.
At last report, McDade remained behind bars on a $45,000 bond. She'll appear before a judge Tuesday.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 31 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 26 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots 52 min ago
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 17 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
31 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
29 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
26 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help