Robbery suspect arrested in Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Chapel Hill have arrested a suspect who they say robbed a man outside a bank Tuesday afternoon.
It happened outside of the Well Fargo Bank on Banks Drive at approximately 1:10 p.m.
The victim was approaching the bank when a male suspect grabbed a bank bag from him and fled on foot.
Officers were able to locate the suspect, 37-year-old Denis Dion Smith, of Durham. He is now in police custody.
Smith is charged with common law robbery, felony larceny, felony possession of stolen goods, possession of stolen motor vehicle, felony possession of cocaine, misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia, misdemeanor possession of stolen goods, resist, obstruct and delay, driving while license revoked, careless and reckless driving, and misdemeanor hit and run.
Smith is currently being held under $100,000 secured bond.
orange county, robbery, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help