Group endorses Deck-Brown for Raleigh chief
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Protective Association has endorsed Cassandra Deck-Brown to fill the position left vacant by retired Chief Harry Dolan.
Deck-Brown is one of three candidates the city is considering to replace Dolan.
The RPPA represents nearly 600 officers in Raleigh.
The other candidates are current Richmond Police Chief Bryan Norwood, and Malik Aziz, who is a deputy police chief in Dallas, Texas.
Raleigh City Manager Russell Allen said a decision about the next chief could happen in the next two weeks.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash