Large sinkhole blocks Raleigh street
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh construction workers are trying to repair a sinkhole in the Oakwood neighborhood.
It happened Thursday on North Bloodworth Street between Polk Street and Oakwood Avenue near the Oakwood Inn.
The sinkhole is described as 9 feet wide and 4-1/2 feet deep.
Officials said a sewer line manhole collapsed Thursday morning.
wake county, local/state
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 49 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 40 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 36 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help