Reward offered in rock, brick throwing incidents
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A CrimeStoppers reward is now being offered for information leading to an arrest in connection with several recent incidents involving items thrown at vehicles on the Durham Freeway.
So far, two people have suffered minor injuries in the incidents.
Police said the incidents have happened between the South Alston Avenue bridge and Briggs Avenue. They say some items have been thrown from overpasses or bridges and others from embankments beside the road.
The incidents have usually occurred at night and most of the vehicles have been in the northbound lanes. The objects thrown have usually been rocks or bricks.
The latest incident happened around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday just outside of Alston Avenue.
According to police reports, the driver and passenger in that incident weren't hurt, but the car suffered about $500 worth of damage.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (919) 560-4415, ext. 29311 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, hwy 147, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend 4 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 54 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 26 min ago
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Cub Scouts help out on the anchor desk
34 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help