Clayton shoplifting, hit and run suspect arrested
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Clayton police have arrested a man involved in a hit and run and shoplifting from a Walmart.
Police arrested 22-year-old Skyler Tray Mazza, of Raleigh, in Cary on Friday.
Mazza is accused of stealing a television from the store on U.S. Highway 70 in Clayton then hitting a woman with a stolen truck.
Investigators said Mazza tried to leave the store at high speed in a stolen truck and hit a woman in her car in the parking lot. The woman was hospitalized for her injuries.
Perhaps because of the damage to the truck, Mazza abandoned the vehicle and ran into the nearby woods. Police later recovered the stolen television.
Mazza is charged with felony possession of a stolen vehicle and hit and run. His also faces misdemeanor larceny and resisting arrest charges. He was also served with an outstanding probation violation warrant.
Mazza is being held in the Johnston County Jail under a $135,000 secure bond.
The woman injured in the hit and run was treated for non-life threatening injuries the night of the incident.
johnston county, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help