Man facing charges in Fayetteville shooting
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- An Elizabethtown man is facing charges in connection with a shooting at a Fayetteville bar and grill that left three people injured Sunday.
It happened just before 2 a.m. at Big Shots Bar & Grill in the 3100 block of Raeford Road.
Authorities said the incident started when 36-year-old Pervis Levelle Thomas' girlfriend got into an argument with another man, Marcus Howell-el.
The argument led to a physical altercation between the men.
According to police, Howell-el's brother, Tavon Howell-el, and a third man, Antoine Harrell, saw that Thomas had a gun and tried to disarm him.
During the fight, shots were fired. Marcus Howell-el was shot in the leg, while Tavon Howell-el was shot in the face. Harrell was also injured when a bullet grazed him in the back.
A security guard at the bar was able to get the gun from Thomas and detain him until police arrived.
When officers arrived, they found Marcus Howell-el and Harrell in the parking lot.
Two women attempted to take Tavon Howell-el to the hospital, but crashed off Robeson Street near Village Drive.
He, along with his brother, were later taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions are unknown at this time.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
Meanwhile, Thomas has been charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill and one count of assault with a dangerous weapon.
He is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $205,000 secured bond.
accident, shooting, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash