Minor crash leads to bigger one
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a fender-bender that allegedly turned into a major crash.
It happened after a minor accident between a Chrysler 300 and a government vehicle Monday afternoon. Police said when the government employee attempted to swap insurance information with the driver of the Chrysler, it sped off.
The employee followed the car, which went over a curb on Alexander Street and crashed in the parking lot of the City of Fayetteville Engineering and Infrastructure department.
It went up and over another car, ending up perched on the hood of the second vehicle.
The driver then got out and ran, but was detained.
No word yet on charges.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help