Minor crash leads to bigger one
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a fender-bender that allegedly turned into a major crash.
It happened after a minor accident between a Chrysler 300 and a government vehicle Monday afternoon. Police said when the government employee attempted to swap insurance information with the driver of the Chrysler, it sped off.
The employee followed the car, which went over a curb on Alexander Street and crashed in the parking lot of the City of Fayetteville Engineering and Infrastructure department.
It went up and over another car, ending up perched on the hood of the second vehicle.
The driver then got out and ran, but was detained.
No word yet on charges.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge