Teen charged with allegedly burning 3-month-old
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A 19-year-old woman is facing charges after she allegedly burned a 3-month-old child.
Raleigh police arrested Mercedes Evette Norman on Monday after she reportedly burned her second cousin's buttocks, ankle and thigh with tap water while she was taking care of the child, according to authorities.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
Norman has been charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious personal injury. She is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond.
wake county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 33 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers