Benson KKK leader sentenced
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Ku Klux Klan leader learned his punishment Wednesday for stealing guns and plotting to kill the Johnston County sheriff.
A federal judge sentenced William Barefoot Jr. to 15 years in prison.
Barefoot was convicted last September of a scheme to sell stolen weapons.
Prosecutors also said Barefoot blamed Sheriff Steve Bizzell for the failure of a nightclub he owned.
He also blamed Bizzell for not allowing the Klan to march in Benson's annual Mule Days parade.
johnston county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help